Saturday, April 27, 2013

Weight- To Care or Not To Care






That is the question.  I have fluctuated between both ways of thinking for many years.

I have not taken responsibility for is my weight. Oddly I have lost many pounds over the years but have not committed to keeping it off. I have lost and gained pounds over the years.  Each time I gain weight, I do it as a response to stress. I feel I deserve to eat unhealthy foods to make myself feel better.  I have considered what connections this has to my childhood.

On Easter morning in my house, my brother and I were always extra excited because it meant candy and sugar cereal and Quik milk mix.  Our family would also have cinnamon rolls every Easter. Christmas was the same.  Sounds lovely and it was. Holidays were the rare times we all of played super happy. No one was really happy in my household, and most of the time, it was palpable. But on holidays, we actively tried to be extra pleasant.  I related sugary, more decadent foods to happy feelings, still do.

Now I have seen this connect before yet I refuse to let go of the belief I had as a child that certain foods will make me happy.  The adult way to see this is that if I could commit to losing the weight and maintaining it, I could have some unhealthy stuff occasionally with minimal weight gain. In my life, I have been blessed with a husband who has clear convictions about his weight and has shown me the truth through his example. Weight maintained allows one to have cheaty foods occasionally.

I have decided to finally commit to losing the rest of the weight I want to lose and keeping it off. Above are the pictures of how I look now, and I will continue to put up pictures of my progress with updates of the weight loss program.  For me, doing a low carb diet works wonders so I will be following that plan. 

Alrighty! Thanks for riding along on the journey. Big Hugs!!

1 comment:

  1. if that would make you happy then go for it! i wish you much luck and blessings as you attempt to get yourself to a place you will be comfortable with. i will just say that i think you look lovely as you are but it matters what YOU will be happy with!

    ReplyDelete