Sunday, June 23, 2013

Being An Adult


Hello all!! Its been a little bit since I have written; we have been out enjoying the world camping again. Had a great time, even though it was not as warm as it was the first time we went camping a couple of weeks ago. One of the reasons it was so great was an agreement we made with each other 5 to 6 weeks ago.

William and I made this agreement, which is a solution to an issue we have struggled with our entire relationship.  Basically we would agreed to be equally responsible for the issue in a way that left no  room for misunderstanding. Now, we have agreed to other things in the past, but I have not have followed through with my part of the deals. This happened for many reasons I do not need to go into (my personal problems). But this time, this deal, I have been doing my part and it has greatly bettered our relationship. It has not been hard; in fact, it has been easy and enjoyable. I look forward to my turn in our deal. It has been a month or so since we started and its going strong!!

Since that agreement we made one other agreement about keeping up our house better. Nothing major just if you take it out, put it away. Sounds so simple yet we just tended to leave stuff out for longer than it needed to be out. Then over time we'd look around and find the house all sorts of cluttered and need to spend time cleaning up after ourselves, putting stuff away that we should have just put away after we used it. We have been both doing this for a few weeks now and it is awesome. I find I have time to do more things every day because I am not looking around and needing to pick stuff up.

Being an adult requires agreements with oneself, and with others. Looking at myself, I have seen that I have not been an adult. I have not been willing to make and stick to any sort of agreements, as though I would be selling myself out by doing so. Instead I have found it to be liberating. I am not stupid and think I will be perfect at this agreement thing right away but I will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment