Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pretty Nails


Nadine and I went to have our nails done today. We do this often and lately we have been getting gel nail polish, which if you have never done, you should really try it. It lasts for a long time without chipping. It usually lasts 2 weeks or longer. Anyway, as we were going today I decided to ask for the polish you see above. That in itself is hard for me to do, asking for what I really want. And that is what I thought I was going to write about but after getting the nail job, I realized something; I love being pretty.

I keep looking at my nails and thinking how cute they are and how much I like being girly. Many of you may be thinking, "Yeah so? You ARE a girl." Well, yes but most of my life I have kind of bucked the idea of liking be a girl. I have gotten more in touch with this over the last several years, but really it just hit me today; I love being pretty and that is okay for me to want to be. I think I have held on to an idea that wanting to be pretty meant I was being shallow but now I see its about liking myself enough to put in the effort to look good and thus feel good.

Thanks so much for reading my blog!! Hugs!!


4 comments:

  1. What a good post! I enjoyed reading it.

    I think it is great that you are enjoying being pretty. I think it is easier to feel pretty and enjoy being pretty when you are enjoying life. And I have so been enjoying what actually feels like a brand new life with you.

    I love you more than ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey thank you so much for the loving comment!
      I too am really enjoying our new life together!! You are the best and I love you deeply!!

      Delete
  2. Apart from a very important lesson, that is working on me too, the love coming through from you two is so wonderful, happily growing together in self-confidence and pride.
    xxx
    Halle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the beautiful comment!! It really touched me. Really all relationships are a work in progress.
      Hugs!!

      Delete