Sunday, August 10, 2014

I Under Estimate Its Sneakiness





The weird thing about depression is it sneakiness. :)  What I mean by this is that if I am not vigilant about what is going on with me and how I am choosing to live each day, each hour, then my depression will continue to be created and fed.

I have not been learning the skills needed to cope with and fight depression but I can and I will. The only reason depression can sneak up on me is because I deny its in my life.

OMG !! Writing this has been awkward and not clear. Blah . . .  Ok that's all for now basically.

How about you- does depression ever seem to "sneak up" on you?

Hope you are well  and in good spirits. :)

4 comments:

  1. Of course it does. And unfortunately sometimes I get the urge to 'self medicate' with alcohol, which of course makes it worse. But I get the urge because I do not recognize that I am falling into a depressed state until it becomes overwhelming. Then I have to take care to try to look at things more positively and allow myself to climb back out of the pit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so honest about yourself. Oddly it is comforting to know others have the same struggle that I do. I so appreciate that you are willing to talk about depression, too. I think that the more people who talk about it , the more people will know they are not alone. :)

      Delete
  2. I suspect the very serious subject of depression will get some publicity over the very sad death of Robin Williams. May he rest in peace but may others suffering with depression learn a lesson or two.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Pat, it does seem like the only positive result of Robin Wiiliams death is the overwhelming publicity that depression is and will most likely get. It is sad that something so tragic has to happen for depression to come to the forefront. Hopefully, people will learn from Robin Williams' bad choice and seek help.

      Delete