Sunday, June 14, 2015

After the Surgery

It has been about 2 weeks since my surgery to remove the plate and screws from my leg. I have been healing up pretty well and am getting stronger as the days goes by.


3 days after
6 days after
13 days after & staples removed
16 days after

So as you can see, its healing up nicely. When I broke my leg Sept. 1, 2013, the healing process was long and painful so I was really nervous going into this surgery, nervous about how long and painful the recovery might be. My surgeon said I would have a 2 to 4 week recovery yet it was hard to trust with the memories of the last recovery time. My emotions definitely had a hold over my logic, yet I worked to keep them in check to just focus on doing what is best to heal my leg. I have about 2 weeks left until I can exercise freely; I have to wait until the cut heals completely so I do not pull it open. 

I am feeling very hopeful that I will have full use and mobility in my leg with in the next several months. Now I know that I can not just hope for this to happen so I will be and have already started to work towards this. I have been doing light leg exercises and have begun swimming in our pool. With time, and effort, my leg will be back. :)


2 comments:

  1. Wow I am a whole blog entry behind. Your next entry poses a question that requires a lot of thought. So I will stick to this one for now.

    I am guessing your leg looks a whole lot better now than in these pictures. It is a very nasty cut. But you are right, the healing is very noticeable and evident. I think I have to credit the swimming therapy. I have heard it is a great way to heal. Very little stress compared to the amount of work the limbs do. Which helps them heal without problems.

    It is good to hear you have now been able to remove the Staples and walk freely. I am not sure what I think of you walking before you were suppose to (so you are one of ‘those non listening’ patients :) ). But since all went well I can say I am glad you did. That also probably helped you heal faster.

    Best to you and I hope you continue to heal well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does look pretty intense but nothing compared to what it looked like when I first broke it and had the initial surgery. So to me, it looks fantastic.

    You sound like my mom when I told her I walked before the staples were out. I know my body, especially that leg, and would not have walked on it if it wasn't okay to do so. Thanks for the concern. :)

    ReplyDelete