Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Body Painting - Claw Feet


Over the years, I have tried to challenge myself in my painting. Although I have done a few different kinds of paintings over the years, I still have a hard time trying something new. But for this painting, I was ready to break out of my usual mold of only painting nebula.

I took about 6 feet of butcher paper and laid it out on the ground. Then I took acrylic paint and covered the most of the front of my body with several colors of paint. I wore only underwear. I thought about doing it nude, but acrylic paint dries like plastic. I did not want to try to get that out of my pubic hair.

Once I liked the color blend on my body. I laid down on the paper with my hands up at the sides of my shoulders. Since my arms were not painted, there were not any arm impressions. When I got up, I saw that the impressions my shins made oddly looked like I had claw feet. Although I made several body paintings that day, this is my favorite. Its odd and interesting, and I am very happy I decided to try something new that day.

So what do you think of this painting?

Thank you so much for stopping by! Leave a thought in the comments section.

Hugs!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So many posts! Way to go Jules.
    It took a bit to catch up. I decided to post to this one because your body painting idea is so unique to me and such an interesting idea. I studied this for a while. Trying to figure out which parts of your body made what. I see 2 girls in high heels leaning back to back on each other. So what does freud have to say about me with that insight? Anyhow as I continued to figure things out...!!! Oh My! I know what the heads are and they are pretty big heads!

    The picture of the birds is amazing. I admit to being very unartistic but the mixture of swirls of colours in the back ground and then the very realistic shadowed birds in the foreground really grab my attention and interest. I looked at that for a long time. I find it peaceful and promising.

    Your quilts are very good. I think you are too hard on yourself. You are just starting and they really do look good. Sometimes things that are too perfect do not have the character of those things that are unique. And your square do have an artistic touch to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all the nice compliments! It seems as though you like my new format, and I am glad. 😄
      I am really trying to show a new side of me and hope that people will respond.
      You rock for commenting! Thanks again!

      Delete